New Prospector in VA
Last Post 22 Aug 2018 01:14 AM by William Barlow. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

--
11 Oct 2017 03:47 AM
    Looking for experienced prospector/s in Virginia that would like to teach me alittle bit. I have a small dredge 1"1/2. Panning kit and 2 sluices. Purchased some paydirt off ebay to pan at home, went up to Contrary Creek last weekend with the dredge but come up with nothing. Granted I didn't stray far from the bridge and it hadn't rained in a couple months there so water was extremely low. Did talk with a father and son out there looking for garnets. Would like to be a little closer to Roanoke if possible heard some stories about a few places having some color.

Edit: Forgot to add looked at claims in my area and doesn't seem like any available, GPS Coordinates not showing up.

Edit 2:  163 views, 16 days no replies guess no GPAA members in VA have seen post.
    Greenhorn
    Greenhorn

--
    22 Aug 2018 01:14 AM
    Guess no one on here is in virginia to much. 725 views, 315 days since my first post. No replys but found more info with local club. CVGP has been more helpful then GPAA. And they have private properties to prospect on. If anyone is interested in joining just do a search on the net for CVGP and come to a meeting. Friendly group and members are growibg every year
    You are not authorized to post a reply.