Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Steve Scukanec

--
21 Jun 2022 10:31 PM
Hi Jordan
Phil and I will be there this upcoming weekend. We will be there late Saturday and through the following Wednesday. Please stop by and say hi!
Steve Scukanec

--
Hi Jordan
Phil and I will be there this upcoming weekend. We will be there late Saturday and through the following Wednesday. Please stop by and say hi!
Steve Scukanec

--
Hi Jordan
Steve Scukanec

--
05 Aug 2022 05:53 PM
Hi everyone, It was great to see everyone at the Pomona Gold Show. Now that the show is over we have a big announcement regarding our upcoming Oktoberfest at the claim. This year's Oktoberfest will feature Kevin Hoagland and other GPAA folks. They will be coming out to conduct classes for all skill levels during the outing. Keven says He "may have at that time [Placer Pete's Oktoberfest] something special to share with everyone there, not a promise but it is a goal ..." The outing is again free to those who attend. Classes from metal detecting and Drywashing to Fine gold recovery and prospecting will be offered. You will also get a chance to "Walk the Claim" with the Claim owners. Always a great way to get the low down on the claim itself. To attend we request that you sign up through the www.Placerpetesgoldcamp.com web site and let us know you are coming. There is plenty of camping area and the roads to the claim is wide and and a bit bumpy but very navigable with a two wheel drive car or a large RV or trailer. The event will be held on October 7 - 9 at the Placer Pete Claim. Classes start at 10:30 Friday and continue through Sunday. Of course, you are are welcomed to just go out on your own and find some Placer Pete gold for yourself. Don't forget the Saturday Night Oktoberfest Pot Luck. We hope you can make it. Steve and Phil
Steve Scukanec

--
07 Aug 2022 01:21 PM
I have been asked questions regarding the upcoming Oktoberfest outing at the Placer Pete Claim October 7th - 10th. Most seemed interested in what classes will be offered. Although a finalized list has not been completed at this time here is a good look at what we are currently planning:

Walk the claim with the owner
Introduction to Drywashing
Metal Detecting (Hosted by Kevin Hoagland)
Fine Gold Recovery
Prospect from home
How to sample
Basics on how to file a claim
(Others being considered)

There will also be a Saturday Potluck and Campfire

Come on out and enjoy the fun - use our website to sign up! There is no cost.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12